The Poll Haven Local Integrated Resource Plan (1989) includes sections that encourage public recreation access to Poll Haven Community Pasture. Public Land Alliance feels these excerpts are most important in terms of recreational use:
6.0 RESOURCE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY
4. The Poll Haven Grazing Association, in cooperation with other interested residents of the area, should implement a range patrol program to address problems with illegal or irresponsible activities within the Poll Haven Community Pasture.
6.2 Ecological Resources
2. To provide for the recreational, scientific and educational use of ecological resources.
6.3 Fisheries Resources
3. To maintain and/or increase opportunities for recreational use of fisheries resources.
6.7 Recreational Resources
“Residents use public land in the Poll haven area for hunting, fishing, hiking, equestrian trail riding and camping. Recreational use of off-highway vehicles, including four-wheel drive trucks, trailbikes and snowmobiles, occurs on seismic lines and trails throughout the planning area.”
“The Boy Scouts maintain a cabin in Section 24, Township 1, Range 28, W4M.”
1. To maintain the quantity and quality of recreational resources.
2. To provide low density outdoor recreational opportunities primarily for local residents. Acceptable recreational activities include but are not limited to hunting, fishing, hiking, equestrian trail riding, camping and use of off-highway vehicles including four-wheel drive trucks, trailbikes and snowmobiles.
1. Low density, dispersed recreational use will be promoted where it is compatible with environmental conditions, demand and other existing or proposed land uses.
Click here to read the full Poll Haven Local Integrated Resource Plan.